Saturday, October 16, 2010

A past so unknown.

The other day I was at my friend's house, she is currently the lieutenant governor of Division 4 West Key Club for 2010-2011, and with that, she is passed down the binders of the previous LTG's from the year before. Now, I myself was highly associated with my division's Key Club when I was in high school, and I felt that I knew everything that there needed to be known about it. But I saw one of the LTG's binders from the 2006-2007 school year, my thoughts and believes were thrown out the window. I knew that this LTG existed, that this person did amazing things when they were an LTG, but now actually reading about them, it felt weird. I mean to say that I thought I knew so much about Division 4 West, but now reading this binder, it feels that I'm looking into something that is familiar to me, but I wasn't a part of, a past that I don't know. [Essentially this binder was like a yearbook, it displayed the past year, and it was created annually, however, only a single unit is created] It also showed me that names fade in time, like opening an old yearbook, looking through it and seeing all these faces you don't know, but that you attempt to try to piece into your head as students that also went to the same school you currently attend, it's hard to imagine. It's difficult to piece together, but you just have to know that this is true, that these people you didn't know also contributed to the school, but after time, their names have just faded away and no one remembers them any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment