Saturday, October 9, 2010

Parents and luck.

A few days ago my parents put my spare license plate in my car, (which I did not place on the front of my car yet) they told me that I needed to put it on my car, or else I would get ticketed.

Just about a half an hour ago, prior to posting this, I was driving home after going to Knott's Scary Farm, and then Denny's, when I was pulled over by a police officer. It was weird for me to get pulled over, for two reasons. One, I hadn't done anything wrong, I didn't speed, I didn't swerve, nothing. Two, I have never gotten pulled over before, so it was quite odd.

The officer came up to my window, asking me for my license, then asking me if I had gotten arrested, I told him yes, then no, respectively. Then I asked him what I had done wrong, he said that I didn't have a license plate on the front of my car. Luckily, the license plate was in my car, and I reached for it showing him that I had it, and I told him that I would put my license on today (Saturday) or Sunday. The officer kindly let me off with no hitch whatsoever. Lucky me, just goes to show, that everything happens for a reason. Maybe if my parents hadn't happened to put the license in my car if I would have actually gotten a ticket, which my parents would scold at me for, (although it would be my first). It also goes to show that parents do know what is right, even if you are still in college, that we should still pay attention to them, even if we are “free” from them. I say “free” since they are paying for many of our college tuitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment