Monday, November 15, 2010

Veteran's Day


Sorry for the lack of updates on my blog, but I'm going to post 4 this week.
First off, it may be a little bit late, but Veterans day.

As I grow older and mature each day, I have realized the purpose of veterans day. Many people to this day do not truly understand, I myself do not fully understand what it is like being a veteran. However, I do feel that the day is not just an excuse to get class off, and excuse to sleep in another day, and excuse to slack off.

Veterans day has become, at least to me, more than just a day off; it has become a good reason to keep on living. The servicemen and women who had given their lives to us gave their lives so that we may live, so that our (soon to be children, since we're only in college) may live, so that our younger siblings will live a better life.

They gave their lives for us, the least we could do is show them appreciation. On Veteran's day this year I realized all this as I drove past a veteran's memorial at the public library. There were veterans from a variety of wars. I wanted to stop and tell them “thank you” for everything they had done for us, unfortunately I had something to do, so I was unable to, but next year, I will.

http://soldiersupportproject.org/images/vietnam-memorial.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment