Friday, September 24, 2010

Maturity

I've finally reached the age of eighteen, I've waited about twenty years to turn eighteen. Haha. The last day of being seventeen I decided to visit the Getty Center, located in Los Angeles. It was a place that I had gone to quite a few times as a young child. I went to the museum again to partly celebrate my last day as a minor by visiting a place that I had gone to as a child. I was too young to understand art when I was a younger, so I decided to see if I could understand it more now that I am on the verge of being an adult...

I couldn't understand it any more than I could before, maybe I've matured in age, yet I haven't matured in my mindset yet. Becoming eighteen is a bitter sweet event, I used to be able to say, “I'm in college, and I'm still 17,” however, that is now over. Now I'm an adult, I feel that I must mature my mindset on life, that now I have more responsibilities. Starting with college I shall attempt to mature myself by becoming more responsible. I'll try my best to mature myself for the world. We'll see how things turn out.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos on trying to be a more mature and responsible person. I am not too fond of your sentence "I'll try my best to mature myself for the world" though. I think if you want to be more mature, do it for yourself. Just because one day, you wake up and are eighteen as opposed to being seventeen the day before, does not mean you have to act differently. I would say stay true to yourself and just make sure you take care of business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Getty Center once, being an art major, I guess i'm supposed to really enjoy the art in there, which i did, but my favorite part is still the garden haha. I have to say I agree with Emilio though, there really is no need to feel like you have to act differently for anyone.

    ReplyDelete